Lubed-For-Life Optidisc® Elite Cutterbar
The Optidisc® Elite cutterbar provides a flat, streamlined profile so that soil and crop residue do not accumulate and material flows smoothly, even in heavy, difficult crop conditions. Optidisc Elite cutterbars are designed and tested with a zero oil change interval. The highly-polished gears and synthetic gear oil ensure that this system does not require any regular internal maintenance, eliminating the need for cutterbar oil changes throughout the life of the machine.
Differential Disc Spacing
The innovative design of the Optidisc Elite cutterbar offers exclusive differential disc spacing.
- Less Distance for a Clean Cut - Narrower spacing at diverging discs provides greater knife overlap, which results in a clean cut, even when the grass is short or light.
- More Distance for Easy Crop Passage - Wider spacing (2) at converging discs provides more space for the crop to pass. Cut crop is quickly carried away from the cutting area, greatly improving the cut quality.
High-Lift Discs and Fast-Fit® Kit
The cutting discs and end cones provide high crop lift, allowing cut materials to quickly leave the cutterbar and enter the conditioner, especially in thick crop conditions.
The Fast-Fit® quick-release knife system allows an operator to rapidly change out cutting knives with the use of a simple tool, yet still retain optimum cut quality and knife life. With Fast-Fit, an operator can achieve up to 50% time savings over a standard system.
Protectadrive® Disc Bearing Stations
- Protectadrive® Safety - Every minute saved during the hay season is precious. Ultimate protection, from the externally removable Protectadrive disc bearing stations, provides maximum reliability and quick service. In the event of an impact between a disc and an obstacle, the shaft holding the disc can shear just above the bearing. This is thanks to its carefully dimensioned shear groove. As a result, the gear teeth are protected.
- Extra Rigidity Where it Counts - Disc bearing stations are attached by bolts that pass through the entire cutterbar. This is an exceptionally strong and secure attachment with no risk of mount being torn out of the cutterbar in case of shocks. The disc drive pinion is held precisely in place, all resulting in excellent reliability and reduced maintenance costs.
- Gear-to-Gear Power Transmission - Gear-to-gear power transmission, a staple of all KUHN disc mowers, allows for maximum power to be transferred through all gears in the cutterbar. Unlike other gear cutterbars, equal sized gears throughout reduces torque on the gear teeth and leads to unsurpassed reliability and longevity.
Maintenance-Free Drive Shaft
Unlike competitive models that require daily greasing, the drive shaft to the cutterbar uses maintenance-free U-joints. These joints reduce overall maintenance and eliminate excessive wear from improper maintenance.
Torsion Bar Suspension System
The torsion bar suspension system provides exceptional flotation to precisely follow ground contours. The torsional resistance can be easily fine-tuned to match the header ground pressure to different field conditions and operating speeds. A built-in slotted linkage eliminates the need to run the hydraulics in the float position.
Adjustable Forming Shields
The adjustable forming shields allow the windrow width to be varied to match different harvest practices and weather conditions. Indicators allow you to precisely match the setting on both sides. When not in use the shields are easily removed and placed in the storage position on the tongue (TCD models only).
Rear Hood Adjustment
The rear hood can be set either for windrow formation or flipped over to engage fins for wide spreading. The hood can be angled up and down in the windrow position to form neater windrows. It can be easily flipped to the opposite side on wide spreading models. Both sides have tilt adjustability to either stand crop up for windier conditions or lay crop flat for sunnier conditions. Widespread fins standard on finger conditioner models and optional on roller models.
Gyrodine® Swivel Hitch
The heavy-duty Gyrodine® gearbox is designed to withstand the most severe pull-through force from the hitch to the machine. The swivel design allows turns in excess of 90° while keeping the PTO driveline straight. This design allows extremely tight turns for clean, square corners while minimizing PTO vibration and wear.
Narrow to Wide Spreading Crop
The wider the crop is spread, the more surface area there is exposed to the sun for faster drying. The FC TC allows wide spreading up to 90% of cut width for accelerated drydown. The nine vanes on the rear hood automatically pivot to keep crop from being thrown into uncut areas. Standard on finger conditioner models and optional on roller models.
Diamond Block® Conditioning
Diamond Block® conditioning rollers stand out from the competition as the only rubber roller set designed exclusively for a disc mower. The horizontal staggered diamond pattern gives more points for the crop to be crimped as it flows off the disc at an angle. Adjustment of the roll pressure and roll gap is simple and can be done quickly in the field.