Proven 100 Series Cutterbar
Due to the high reliability, excellent crop cutting, and overall adaptability to varying terrains, the 100 Series cutterbar is a staple in the Premium Series. See for yourself by taking a closer look at what the 100 Series cutterbar has to offer.
- Withstands the highest loads: special high-capacity bearings fitted in a one-piece sealed housing are not subject to distortion.
- Increased service life: disc pinion shaft bearings endure radial forces for maximum bearing life. This optimum position improves the load balance.
- Protection should an obstacle be struck: the Protectadrive® system is designed to protect the cutterbar gear train and minimizes the risk of downtime.
- High-wear resistance: knife attachment hardware is fully protected. For added safety, heat-treated steel cups are welded to the disc.
- Minimum wear or distortion risks: idler gear fasteners are located in heat treated steel cups. Correct alignment is ensured without the risk of distortion.
- Long-term reliability: large-diameter gearwheels in high-tensile forged steel with reinforced teeth.
- Perfect sealing: top-quality o-rings used on cutterbar bearing housings for a perfect, leak-free seal.
These discs offer a service life that outmatch all other discs on the market and are adapted to intensive mowing conditions. The GMD Premium Series mowers are equipped with heavy-duty discs, as standard. Beveled knives are standard and ribbed knives are optional.
The shape of the discs allows for a quick transfer of crop rearward, allowing the crop to quickly be formed into a swath. A recut of the grass is therefore avoided. As crop leaves the cutting area, no outside support greatly reduces the chance of crop wrapping.
The Premium Series comes standard with an outside swath wheel. The swath wheel improves crop flow by providing more positive engagement of crop to leave the cutterbar, especially in taller crops.
Every minute saved during the hay season is precious. Ultimate protection, from the externally removable Protectadrive disc bearing stations, provides maximum reliability and quick service. In the event of an impact between a disc and an obstacle, the shaft holding the disc can shear just above the bearing. This is thanks to its carefully dimensioned shear groove. As a result, the gear teeth are protected.
Belt tensioning is semi-automatic and the adjustment is done with the same tool. The easy to adjust system keeps the proper tension on the belts to increase belt life. This tool is also used for opening the cover and changing the blades.
One Tool for All Adjustments
One tool, supplied with the mower and stored in an integrated toolbox, cab perform all of the following tasks:
- Adjustments of the flotation spring
- Unlocking the safety cover
- Belt tension adjustment
- Replacement of knives (if bolted)
Flotation of the cutterbar is adjusted by spring tension. A heavier compensating spring ensures optimum ground pressure through a wide range of terrain and contours. Through the design of the mowing unit articulation, mowing of banks and terraces is possible at a tilt angle of up to 35° and down to -25°, depending on the model. Adjustment can easily be done with the provided tool.
Smoother Operation on Headlands
To limit the mowing unit lift in headland turn position, a hydraulic shut-off valve is used. This enables smoother operating and increased structure life.
The hitch design provides increased durability in extreme working conditions. It also includes adjustable lower offsets and the ability to accept Cat. 2/3N quick hitches without the need of an adapter bracket.